Tuesday, November 18, 2008

ICT

If you guys are wondering why isnt Ben online anymore, its because i have been called back for reservist. Since last friday and it will end on 29 nov. When i reported to my unit 680SIR.... i realise i am placed in a 6 year battalion. And its my first in camp haha. I am the only 21 year old amongst like 27 - 30 year old plus people LOL. But i thank God so much because all my fellow commanders are all so nice. I am currently in platoon 1 section 3. And my section i am suppose to have 6 people but currently i only have like 3. And they are Ye, my M203 gunner, not married currently working as an organiser for events. He organize the musicians that will play for the night and he does the MC. and he organize for some of the celebrities as well. Next i have Fadly who is my LAW gunner, just got married, working as a video producer, currently he has this important project for his company. and lastly i have Stanley Boon Wee, my SAW gunner, he is working as a sales engineer, something to do with lighting.

At first i was really afraid, i was thinking how do i talk to these people, they are all older than me and they don want to be here, who wants to go for reservist haha. I just have to take away my rank and talk to them. Rank doesnt matter anymore, its getting to know your men well that matters. And i find it easy just talking to them like friends. And it doesnt matter how old they are, I still have to take care of them, get them to training, help them with their weapons and stuff. To be a good commander, i need to know my stuff well so that whenever they need help i am able to help them.

Thank God everyone is so nice haha... My CSM gave me off for tomorrow after i take my IPPT tomorrow i can BOOK OUT! WOOHOO.. YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS! ASIA CONFERENCE! hahahahahahahahaa. I get to SKIP TRAINING. woohoo! and i get to book in the next morning.

But next week is going to be tougher. I guess i don mind being in this unit after all. Thank God. Even though there is a big age gap... i still fill part of them.

No comments: